Did ‘Schmucks’ influence Tucson shooter?

Did ‘Schmucks’ influence Tucson shooter?

This is chilling.

The 2010 comedy “Dinner for Schmucks” repeatedly references mind control – see the clip below.

And Jared Lee Loughner, the man accused of shooting Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and many other innocents on Jan. 8, also explored the possibility of mind control on social media sites.

So clearly “Schmucks” is either directly or indirectly responsible for this tragedy. Just connect the dots. It’s as plain as day.

If you think that’s ridiculous, you’re right. Tell that to Elizabeth Banks, Michael Moore, Jane Fonda, Roger Ebert and Patton Oswalt who all tied former Gov. Sarah Palin to the tragedy via their Twitter pages without a shred of evidence.

There’s absolutely nothing funny about their rush to judgment.

1. Another reason to love Elizabeth Banks
  2. Shot down by Moore and co.?
  3. Top 5 actors who should be major movie stars … but aren’t (yet)
  4. Die, romantic comedies, die!
  5. Calling out movie critics: Reed spoils ‘The Wolfman’

joe.attaboyNo Gravatar January 10, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Absolutely epic.

I just read that one of the songs they used to drive Manuel Noriega to surrender was “Beat It” by Michael Jackson. Therefore, Noriega *must* have killed him.

EricPNo Gravatar January 10, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Good logic, joe.attaboy, but Eddie Van Halen is (technically) still alive. Uh-oh, he could be next????

joe.attaboyNo Gravatar January 10, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Heh. I dug up the list of tunes they played for Noriega.

I have to assume he never retaliated because last I heard, Rick Astley was still alive. Apparently, these were chosen for their messages.

Rick Astley – Never Gonna Give You Up
The Bobby Fuller Four – I Fought The Law (But the Law Won)
Bruce Cockburn – If I Had A Rocket Launcher
Joe Dolce – Shaddap You Face
Jimi Hendrix – Voodoo Chile
Martha and the Vandellas – Nowhere to Run
Nazareth – Hair of the Dog
Ann Peebles – Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down
The Pretty Things – Judgement Day
Linda Ronstadt – You’re No Good

Tink in CaliNo Gravatar January 11, 2011 at 12:56 am

Really? A total whack job shoots up a crowd outside a grocery store and the first thing you can think of is to blame someone you disagree with politically? I am having a hard time thinking of anything more pathetic than that right now.

drewsterNo Gravatar January 11, 2011 at 3:22 am

What else is there to say?

This is just plain sad, and sick all around. I’d like to think we’d look back on this as a watershed moment when the media and hollywood finally went too far. But instead, next week they will all be on some other topic without a care in the world about this story.

Just plain sad all around.

joe.attaboyNo Gravatar January 11, 2011 at 3:22 am

Uh, Tink, what are you getting all in a twist about?

Maybe you don’t get the point here? Have you been listening to the news since the shooting, in regards to who’s blaming who or what?

Tink in CaliNo Gravatar January 11, 2011 at 4:01 am

I was referring to the Twitter-ers he listed, not the estimable Mr. Toto. Sorry, I should have been made that more clear.

joe.attaboyNo Gravatar January 11, 2011 at 4:06 am

Tink, you’re cool. That clears it up.

EDSNo Gravatar January 11, 2011 at 5:46 pm

So your panties are in a bunch over Elizabeth Banks because of ONE word (unfollow) she said re. Palin’s stupid comments (for which I’m not attributing to the tragedy, although the use of words she used WAS pretty thoughtless)? Geez, how sensitive can you neo-cons get? If you wanna go ballistic on someone who deserves it, what Bill Maher said on AC360 takes the cake re. moronic, heinous comments, and I hope he gets called out on being the Anti-American troll he is!

EDSNo Gravatar January 11, 2011 at 5:51 pm

One more thing, Bill: the left DON’T “make threats”? Tell that to Roseanne Barr, who threatened to PUNCH Sarah Palin (who I’m no fan of and has no business being talked about as a Presidential candidate, but still) only a week ago! Not that we can expect him to bring THAT up…

cftotoNo Gravatar January 11, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Any association someone like Banks makes re: Palin and this shooting is absurd. Period. I adore Banks as an actress and I don’t know much about her politics – nor do I care unless her brand of politics is ugly or cruel. But this Tweet and its timing were flat out wrong.

joe.attaboyNo Gravatar January 11, 2011 at 6:05 pm

I don’t know what Banks said, and I can only imagine the vapidity of the comments from the others mentioned, especially Moore.

I seem to recall some years ago that a reporter asked Samuel L Jackson what he thought about a currently hot political issue. Paraphrasing, Jackson looked at the reporter an snapped back something like “Why would anyone be interested in my opinion on something like that?”

I find it a shame that the rest of America’s don’t follow that same philosophy. I don’t care what their opinions are, or who and what they support or don’t support. Just do it and stop lecturing the rest of the country.

cftotoNo Gravatar January 11, 2011 at 6:36 pm

It also makes good business sense. You don’t saunter into a cocktail party and start spouting off on abortion, religion and politics. You’ll quickly make some enemies. The same should hold true for actors who want us to buy tickets to their movies – if they speak in harsh terms about their political views it might make some folks less willing to see their movies.

Mr. StuttsNo Gravatar January 14, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Ms. Banks responded with ONE word (unfollow) to Palin’s target map (for the record, the A-Hole shooter and his parents who couldn’t/didn’t bother to rein him in are to blame in that order for that tragedy), and a certain blog (and their drooling posters) is basically lumping her in with the typical attention-wh*res (that don’t even warrant being mentioned by name) who can’t wait to make their less-than informed views to any cable outlet that will have them (too many, sadly), and all but calling her “Anti-American” for it? How about putting things in proper PERSPECTIVE already?

cftotoNo Gravatar January 14, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Why did Banks want folks to unfollow Palin’s map? Because she didn’t like the graphic design? Because she prefers bar graphs? No. She tied the map to the killing. Am I missing something?