Call the PR Police – Mila Kunis just insulted half the country

Call the PR Police – Mila Kunis just insulted half the country

Friends with Benefits Justin Timberlake Mila Kunis

Actress Mila Kunis is a doll on the big screen, but ask her about politics and she doesn’t know when to stop.

Kunis, talking to Stylist Magazine (huh??), took the bait when the interviewer asked her about the recent debate over the U.S. debt. (hat tip: Newsbusters)

Her answer, and the follow-up comments, are so insipid it’s almost like she’s doing a parody of a limousine liberal. But I fear she’s just telling it as she sees it.

STYLIST: How do you feel about the US debt crisis?

KUNIS: I love Barack Obama. I voted for him and I will forever be proud of my vote, so I can’t say anything bad against him – other than I think America is in a very temperamental state, and the decision that was made and the compromises made mean, in my opinion, that people are going to pay for a very long time. There is no revenue that’s going to come from these compromises. None. We are no longer going to be the leading power, at all; if China takes their money away for the States we are done. Done. I know that he [Obama] tried. I know because you keep reading these reports of him trying to compromise with the Tea Party and the Republican Party and trying to come up with a 50-50 agreement. I don’t think it was one. I feel the Democratic Party compromised everything and the Republican Party compromised pretty much nothing.

STYLIST: It’s pretty terrifying how much power the Tea Party seems to have in the US – we’re watching Sarah Palin with open mouths. (Editor’s Note – Consider the extreme bias the interviewer shows no interest in hiding)

KUNIS: Honestly, I love politics. I do. And maybe they know something that I don’t know, and that’s the only thing I can hope for. But unless you show me some revenue that’s going to be made, we’re about to become a third-world country. OK I’m being dramatic, but we sure as hell are losing a lot of power. And when you lose financial power and the dollar drops, the power is gone.

STYLIST: Does it frustrate you how many people are politically unaware, particularly in our age group?

KUNIS: Yes, because you are given such an amazing opportunity with so much information. Why is no one taking advantage of it? You don’t have to watch Fox News or CNN or MSNBC; you don’t have to be part of a political party, you could just read. Why is nobody reading? I feel like, in our generation, people don’t read.

STYLIST: It’s true…

KUNIS: They don’t read books, they don’t read the paper, they don’t read the news. So obviously you are incredibly ill-informed to the point where they will go do these tests in Middle America, And they’ll ask, ‘OK, what party are you?’ And they’ll say, ‘Republican’. ‘Why?’ And they can’t even tell you. They have no idea what the Republican Party stands for.

I’m not sure Kunis has read so much as a pamphlet given her grasp of politics and mind-numbing partisanship.

For this site’s left of center readers. I could give a fig who Kunis will pull the lever for on any given Election Day. Have at it, Mila! But don’t insult me and roughly half the country who hold different political views. It’s ignorant. And it just might affect the choices people make when they stroll up to their local movie theater and see your name on the marquee.

(Photo: Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis starred in this year’s tepid romantic comedy “Friends with Benefits.”)

1. Call in conservative??
  2. Call me Ms. Streisand
  3. The Oscars get it half right
  4. Take that, PC police
  5. Welcome to Thought Police 101, Lars von Trier

EricPNo Gravatar September 7, 2011 at 10:01 pm

The same Mila Kunis who just drop-kicked socialism where few in her circle dare to consider?!? Makes me wonder if the above wasn’t some sort of penance on her part to get “cool kid club” status restored.

I also could care less for whom she votes. I may scratch my head, but it’s ultimately a decision she (or anyone) makes and I’d hope they show me the same respect. However, what I simply have not been able to fathom from far too many who did vote for President Obama is how they simply cannot bring themselves to question their decision. We’re almost three years removed from the vote and he’s done dreadfully little to justify many rational defenses of such a vote. Of course, he’s been far too busy blaming anyone but himself for his failed policies, they must figure they don’t have to, either. Keep the band playing while the once mighty ship sinks, though, Mila. I’m sure you and your Hollywood crowd will have the best lifeboats at your disposal.

MichaelNo Gravatar September 7, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Come on? Why do people keep blaming Obama for all the problems here in this country. The problem has always and will always have been caused by the Bush Admin. 8 years of his crazy years have created so much disaster here in this country we’ll have to probably sit through 20 presidents to ever see what we had in the 90s! That’s just it as simple as that!

VinceNo Gravatar September 7, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Did you forget the sarcasm tag? You honestly don’t believe that, do you?

Outlaw13No Gravatar September 7, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Since she knows so much, I’d like to hear what she thinks the Republican party stands for. I’m sure she’s been to tons of “friends of Abe” meetings out in LA.

I too could care less whom she voted for, but I don’t care to be insulted by someone who doesn’t know me or know what I believe (obviously).

EricPNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 12:23 am

“Friends of Abe”? I’m not sure I know of whom your speak, good sir. ;-)

Mike B.No Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 12:36 am

Bring back the Hollywood Machine (i.e., put these folks under studio contract and control and don’t let them open their foolish mouths).

Toto is wrong…she did not insult half the country…she insulted 70%.

drewsterNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 3:20 am

It should come as no surprise to anyone that Mila Kunis is a hollywood liberal in just about every way. I’ve thought so even after some of the good will she’s cultivated recently. After all, she wants to keep working so she must tow the line like anyone else. It’s no different than the college professor who fails anyone who dares to challenge them. You figure out the game and act appropriately.

As far as her insulting people who think differently than her, again, why should that surprise anyone? She lives in a bubble where everyone shares the same POV and it never gets challenged by anyone who isn’t a stereotype. She may just assume that this is the way it is because it’s all she’s ever been exposed to.

I’d suggest that she explore this further in order to see how the other half lives but I know that would take real courage. And I know that were she to do so, she would become blacklisted by the industry, so it’s a futile request. I’d hate to see anyone taken to task for having a contrary opinion. This is the lowest form of discrimination.

As an aside (and really, why should I even care?) Since when has Stylist magazine been considered a political authority? Even if she’s asked this question and answered as she did, you need to remember that it’s Stylist Magazine, and not of any significant substance.

BalrogV72No Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 8:42 am

..I’m smelling a sequel for “Friends with Benefits” for the very intelligent, enlightened Kunis. It’ll be with fellow intelligentsia Matt Damon and we shall call it “Donkey Punch”.

QA_NJNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 3:41 pm

The problem seems pretty simple to me. Everything Mila Kunis knows about Republicans and the Tea Party comes from leftists and leftist web sites that hate Republicans and the Tea Party. The solution is to get Ms. Kunis to actually talk to some of the Hollywood contributors to Breitbart’s Big Hollywood, to talk to people like Penn Jillette and watch a few episodes of his Showtime show, and read the Wall Street Journal. If she really fancies herself an intellect, I’d recommend she spend some time reading Thomas Sowell or the web site ClimateAudit.

AlericNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Remember that she hangs out with the likes of Seth McFarlane and his ilk. The same people that damn capitalism while making millions using the same system they detest.

While I dont think she even knows what she is saying half the time I will now consider her as I do Natilie Portman, beautiful, talented and someone you tune out when she talks outside of a script.

KensingtonNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I’ll forgive a hot girl a lot of dumb things.

That’s probably not the best strategy, but she really is that pretty.

brutonyNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 6:12 pm

She should be seen, and not heard, with as little clothing as possible! And for that Micheal dork-when did they let you out of your rubber room, and when are you due back at the asylum?

xfiler93No Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 6:54 pm

another ditzy celeb, and not that bright either, exposing her bias along with the interviewer. these people are without a clue. amazing.

brutonyNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I think Im more pissed with this interviewers obvious liberal bias, n how they seem to agree in lockstep with Miss Ditz!

TimmehNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 7:24 pm

@Michael – Please hip us to the policies that Bush enacted that put us in this mess? Pleeeeeaaaaase!

TimmehNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I hate to break the news to you Mila – Conservatives/Republican’s are probably the MOST informed in this country. Republicans were telling Congress WHAT was in the Stimulus and the Healthcare bills. They listed pages and paragraphs when confronting their representatives. You again, show us why on earth we should consider one word that comes out of your stupid, Hollywood mouth.

LizNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Wow. The liberalism didn’t surprise me, but her willingness to characterize most Americans as uninformed, particularly ones who are her age and those of us in Middle America, is rich. Way to alienate your potential fan base, Mila.

brutonyNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Michael must hang with her n Seth n Michael Moore-wait a minute, he might BE MM himself!

SouthSideShortyNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 8:18 pm

First she accepts, then declines an officer’s invitation to a ball, and now this? I sense a new-age Jane Fonda in the making.

Omega 13No Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Thanks Mila… instant soft on.

frogmouth69No Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 8:56 pm

The whole Marine Corp ball thing was for publicity. She had a movie coming out and it got her name in the papers, and on conservative blogs where she might have otherwise gone unmentioned.

Now that the movie is out, and fairly well tanked, she can fly her true colors. A vapid celebretard who says whatever comes into her pretty little head because she can get away with it.

brutonyNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Yeah, Ukraine Jane, lol!

RogerCfromSDNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 10:22 pm

She and her ilk are by no means FoAs. They are FoKs (Friends of Karl).

She’s evidently a ditz with not enough grasp of current events and politics to speak intelligently about it.

IOW, a limousine liberal who’s light on logic and heavy on the mayo.

RobNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 10:23 pm

The “That 70s Show” stars make a mint from the syndication royalties. She doesn’t have to worry about boycotts of her stuff.

brutonyNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 10:34 pm

She better worry bout the spankings shes gonna get from me!

BeauNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Who actually cares what this half-wit says?

RobNo Gravatar September 9, 2011 at 12:01 am

Beau: Her “people” might, if there’s any sense of public relations propriety still around Hollywood. But since she’s obviously wealthy, and since the powers that be in Hollywood are insane liberal fktards, there probably won’t be anyone who cares. Actually, they care more about her dissing communism a month ago than they do about this.

SpideyTerryNo Gravatar September 9, 2011 at 5:36 am

So, what I’m gathering here is that a Hollywood celebrity just mouthed off on something that they know absolutely nothing about and inadvertently demonstrated such stupidity in an interview.

In other news, water is wet.

HeidiNo Gravatar September 15, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Shut up and act.
Wait, she can’t even act.
Well, darn.

brutonyNo Gravatar September 15, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Yeah, Mila- just shut up n shut up! N then spread em!